Monday, June 10, 2013

Learning to Trust (Sarah's Seed Article)

Learning to Trust

Sometimes I think it is in our blood to worry. Whether it be raising our children correctly, upcoming tests for school or just our silly selves worrying over things that won't ever happen, naturally I think the feeling of worry gets to all of us at some point. Lately, I have found myself doing the exact thing, worrying. I worry about school, my job, my Christian family, my friends, you name it, and I've probably freaked out about it at one point.
Recently though, I've found myself just worrying about life in general. Will I ever fall in love? Will I ever live my dream and someday be a mother? Will I be glorifying God the way I should be in the next few years? Will I be the best person I can be? I understand that I am still young and Lord willing will have many years to come, but I can't help but think upon these major parts in life and wonder if they will ever happen.
A few weeks ago, I just so happened to stumble upon which is now one of my favorite verses. In Psalms 37:4 is says “Delight yourself in the Lord, and he will give you the desires of your heart. Commit your way to the Lord, trust in him, and he will act.” What an amazing verse for me to find, right when I was stumbling upon my worries. For women, or for me at least, I don't think much about how God knows my every thought. He knows me better than I know myself, and although it is scary to think that God knows how many times I have stumbled, it is incredibly comforting to know that God knows all my desires and goals. I know that I may not get everything in life, and I'm sure my life will turn out nothing like I exactly pictured it, but in the end God will lead me on the path I need to be on.
One of my favorite songs, which now listen to every time I start to worry about something, is by Brandon Heath. He sings “If we’re gonna pray about it / There’s no use in worrying / If we’re gonna worry about it / Why are we praying / Just leave it in the hands of the Father” This song plucked my heartstrings, reminding me that I need to trust God and pray about it, we all do.
Although I still struggle with worrying, I now know that going to God and praying about it is what I need to do. We may not always understand why things happen in our life, but I know now that it is crucial to trust in God. In Psalms 56:3-4 it says “When I am afraid, I put my trust in you. In God, whose word I praise, in God I trust, I shall not be afraid.”
I hope that next time you find yourself worrying, or maybe you see someone who is stressed or having a hard time with a situation, you can come back to these verses and be comforted by God's amazing love. Life will never be easy, and we don't know what always lies ahead, but if we trust in Him and pray God will hear our prayers.

No comments:

Post a Comment