Monday, April 14, 2014

God's Will

     The other day I was watching a television show with my dad about these fictional characters who fight off demons, ghosts, evil etc. In the episode that we watched together, one of the main characters was arguing with his brother that there was no such thing as angels, an afterlife or a such thing as "God's will". The other brother disagreed with him, saying that with all the evil that they had encountered in their lives that there had to be some good and that God's will would always be done. Towards the end of the episode, the brother who did not believe in a God actually ended up being convinced that his brother was right because he physically saw someone who was a horrible person die an unlikely and cruel death. He said that he believed what his brother had said because he had “seen God's will be done.”
      I couldn't help but think about what this show portrayed as “God's will” after I watched it. Did this character really have to physically see someone die to believe that God played a part in his life? And do people really believe that we have to physically see God work in our lives for Him to be real? In Romans 10:17 it says “So faith comes by hearing, and hearing through the word of Christ.” When we read this we can understand that the answer to those questions above are no. We gain our faith through reading and studying our bible. We shouldn't have to see miracles to believe that God is always with us and using us, we need to just have faith in Him.
      One way that I think that we can truly see God's will though in our lives is when we take a look back into our past. For me, I can look back on the choices that I made when I was in high school and I realize now that those “little decisions” actually led to having a huge impact on my life. If things didn't play out the way they did, I probably would never have become a Christian or be where I am in my life right now. When I did choose to have God in my life I learned that the more choices I made, the more I could see God working in it. God doesn't need to physically stand in front of us so that we can believe that He is working with us, we just need to put our lives in the palm of His hands and ask Him to lead us the way that He wants us to go and we will see His will be done.

No comments:

Post a Comment